The SmartCap Display provides feedback to the driver, and allows the touchscreen acknowledgement of alarms. As such, it is advisable that the selecting mounting location for the display:
- can be reached by the driver without excessive strain; and
- can be seen by the driver without requiring excessive turning, preferably within their periphery.
The mounting bracket provided with the display, and the brass housings permit a variety of mounting positions, including the ceiling of the cab, on the vehicle dash, or aside a support beam.
Apart from the ability to access the display, the choice of mounting location should be the topic of a risk assessment, ensuring that:
- the display can be appropriately secured, so as not to become a projectile in the event of a vehicle accident;
- the display does not impede the vision of the driver;
- the display does not impede other safety systems, including access to the seat belt; and
- the display direction of face does not require uncomfortable posture for reading.